Your single point of reference for all your Geotechnical Inquiries
How This Policy Applies
What kind of Information we collect
In order to register for an account with Geotechpedia.com and use our Services, we require that you provide us with certain information. Depending on the account type, this information varies. Information required depending on the account type are as follows:
- For simple user accounts, we only request for an email which also applies as an OpenID/Oauth identifier (gmail, yahoo mail or MyOpenID account). We do not store any password information in our database. Alla authentication is being implemented by the openid/oauth providers
- For Sponsor Accounts where you can also post advertisments and job listings we also require information you provide by completing forms on Geotechpedia, such as your name, email and physical addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details.
- Business information, such as your company’s name/title, Tax registration no (e.g. V.A.T), Company Telephone and and Address Information and Country your business is based on.
Information we collect through the use of our website include:
- Information about your interaction with our software. We collect and store the visits to the various pages of our website.
- Items in our website you choose to add to your list of favorites
- Reviews you might submit for items presented in Geotechpedia
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Web site (Geotechpedia.com), in the form of traffic analytics in order to help us improve our services.
- Any communication you send us like support requests, inquiries, error report and questions or comments.
How do we use this Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our service offerings
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services
- Administer your account, contact you, and constantly improve your experience on Geotechpedia.com.
- Track and analyze the use of our software so that we can improve how Geotechpedia is performing and provide our users with the best experience possible.
- Create any required invoices for business transactions with Geosysta (e.g. submitting new advertisments or job listings)
Users from the European Union
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, tax laws require us to retain records of payments made for our services.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we use identity and device (web or client) information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.
- We analyze how users interact with our Site so we can better understand better what parts of the application are working well and which require improvement. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
How This Information Is Shared
When you create an account in Geotechpedia, either just a simple user profile is created, or depending on the account type a Sponsor profile may be also created.
No personal information are being publicly shared, or even with other users of Geotechpedia.com. Your reviews if you choose to submit any, will be displayed, along with your username on the site’s corresponding pages.
Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services
Regarding online payments for our services, we do not request or store any sensitive payment information such as credit card numbers and/or bank account information. All the payments for our services are being redirected to trusted third party payment services (PayPal and Bank Redirects). We only specify the amount to be paid and receive confirmation of the payment from the bank in a tokenized manner, and the payer’s email address, in order for the payment service and/or bank to be able to directly contact the payer if needed.
We occasionaly send out newsletters for updates of our offerings and general information about our services. We use MailChimp as a newsletter and mass e-mailing service. MailChimp’s compliance with the GDPR and other data protection regulations is described in their website.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Geosysta’s legal rights, property, or the safety of Geosysta, its employees, users, or others.
Links to other websites and services
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Geosysta’s legal rights.
We will also retain project information as long as the Company account is active. In case a user deactivates his/her account, the account will no longer be available for connection to our software and using it. However, in case the specific user was associated with a Sponsor account all necessary information regarding the business aspect and transactions with Geotechpedia will be maintained as obliged by law.
All Project data is being stored in Amazon Web Services infrastructure (EC2 and S3) and are encrypted in storage. Amazon’s Compliance with the GDPR and other data protection regulations can be found on their website.
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all Geotechpedia users can manage their personal information, as further described below, in their account settings.
You can request a downloadable copy of your personal data from Geotechpedia from your account settings page. To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please log in and update your profile. You may also delete your account from your account settings page. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
Email and Mobile Notifications
We will only communicate with our users if they allow us to. We will send information regarding updates to our software and new offerings via newsletters. Users will have the ability to opt-out from such newsletters by clicking to the according “unsubscribe” links.
Notifications specific to a user account will be sent via email or if deemed necessary we will contact the user by phone on the telephone number registered with the company account.
Security is very important to us as well. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information while it is in transit on the internet. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Geosysta Ltd. cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
We may occasionaly update this Policy. In such cases, we’ll let you know about any changes, either by notifying you on the Geotechedia web site or via email. New versions of this Policy will never apply retroactively, we will notify you of the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using Geotechpedia after we make a change to the policy, it means you accept the changed policy as well. If you do not aggree and accept the said policy changes, you can always discontinue your use of Geotechpedia.